Joaquim Calvo Lerma
- PhD Student in Food Science. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain (2015-at present)
- Master in Food Science and Engineering. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain (2013-2014).
- B.Sc in Food Science and Technology. Degree program of 5 years. Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain (2011-2013)
- B.Sc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics. University of Valencia, Spain (2007-2011)
RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Dietitian-Nutritionist at Paediatric Gastroenterology Unit. University Hospital La Fe, Valencia, Spain (2010-at present)
- MyCyFAPP Scientific Manager in Health Research Institute La Fe (Valencia). MyCyFAPP Project. “Innovative approach for self-management and social welfare of Cystic Fibrosis patients in Europe: development, validation and implementation of a telematics tool”. EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation HORIZON2020 (H2020-PHC-2014-643806-MyCyFAPP) (at present)
- Collaboration Grant in Institute of Food Engineering for Development (IIAD) (at present)
- Scientific Research in Workpackage 15 and 16 of Early Nutrition Project. “Early Nutrition. Long-term effects of early nutrition on later health”. WP15: Strategic integration and recommendation development. WP16: Systematic reviews to support recommendation development (2013-at present).
- Researcher in National Project “Hepatic Disease and Cystic Fibrosis” at La Fe Health Research Institute. Valencia, Spain. (2012-2013)
MEMBER OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES, COMMITTEES AND WORKGROUPS.
- Allied member of The European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN)
- Grant Holder of “Young Investigator Award” from ESPGHAN (2015).
- Grant Holder of XI Basic Research in Gluten Sensitivity Award. Association of Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity Patients of Madrid, Spain (2014).
- Participation in the 2nd TEENAGE (Tutorial European Electronic Network on Acute Gastroenteritis) workshop: “Core structure of an e-learning training programme in PedGI”, on behalf of the ESPGHAN AHP Committee. March, 2014.
- Participation in the COST ACTION FA1001 Summer School: “Gastro Intestinal Engineering: the role of material properties and microstructure of foods in
nutrient release in the gastro-intestinal tract”. Attendance and Travel award. September 2014
9 Oral and Poster Presentations in National and International Conferences.
Speaker at several National and International Conferences.
Relevant publications in journals:
- Paula Crespo-Escobar, Joaquim Calvo-Lerma, David Hervás Marín, Ester Donat Aliaga, Etna Masip Simó, Begoña Polo Miquel, Carmen Ribes Koninckx. “Development and validation of two food frequency questionnaires to assess gluten intake in children up to 36 months of age”. Nutr Hosp. 2015 (v32 n5).
- M. de Waard, B. Brands, S.M.P. Kouwenhoven, J. Calvo Lerma, P. Crespo Escobar, B. Koletzko, H. Szajewska, J.B. van Goudoever. “Optimal nutrition in lactating women and its effect on later health of offspring: a systematic review of current recommendations. Early Nutrition Project”. Submitted and in press.
- Mateusz Zalewski B, Patro B, Veldhorst M, Kouwenhoven S, Crespo-Escobar P, Calvo Lerma J, Koletzko B, Van Goudoever H, Szajewska H. “Nutrition of infants and young children (1-3 years) and its effect on later health: a systematic review of current recommendations”. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2015 Mar 9:0.
- Calvo Lerma J, Crespo-Escobar P, Masip Simó E, Donat Aliaga E, Polo Miquel B, Ribes-Koninckx C. “Low gluten consumption by young children from coeliac disease families”. Letter to the editor. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2014 May;58(5):e50.